Hygiene products cluttering the countertop. Items spilling out of the cabinets. Various soaps and shampoos falling into the bathtub. Yes, your bathroom is cluttered. However, the answer may not be a complete bath or shower remodel. It could be the choice use of a few organizing tools.
There are many ways you can make your bathroom look more organized. You can add more shelving, install a few plastic caddies, and even move some daily ablutions out of the bathroom. Let’s take a look at some things you can do:
Analyze Your Use of the Bathroom
Before you start buying organizers take a couple of hours to really sort out what you want to do in the bathroom. Taking baths and brushing your teeth are obviously tied to this room. But, there are lots of other daily ablutions that you might be able to move elsewhere. Things like doing your hair or applying make-up may work better at a vanity in the bedroom. Obviously, this opens up the bathroom counters by moving your hair product and make up to another room.
Start Defining Places for Everything
Look at where certain items tend to pile up in the bathroom and ask yourself why that’s happening. Many people put frequently used bottles and products on the countertop around the sink. This is convenient but creates a cluttered appearance. You need to give these items a different home, but one that is also convenient. Consider installing a wall caddy or a few wall caddies that you can hang near the sink. These caddies will keep these frequently used items at hand and keep your countertops open.
Make Creative Use of Storage Containers
All lot of people buy multiple plastic storage containers, but they only buy one type and end up frustrated because those containers don’t meet every storage need. Look for a variety of containers that creatively solve storage problems. Here’s a few ideas:
- Wall Caddies: Get one for every member of the family. Use them to hold frequently used hygiene products.
- Wall Hooks: You can hang wet towels and clean clothes on them when taking a shower.
- Over-the-Door Caddies: If you want to have cleaning supplies in the bathroom, keep the most used cleansers and sponges in the door caddy. This makes them convenient and organized.
- Shower/Bathroom Shelving: Many bathroom contractors can install shelving and caddies in your bath enclosure. Add a couple taller corner shelves and get the storage you need for those hair products. US Remodeling Group can also install new wall surrounds or help out with a shower remodel.
- Drawer Dividers: Pick up a few drawer dividers and use them to corral the loose items in your bathroom cabinet’s drawer. These drawers are rarely used, but prime spaces for hygiene products, soaps, hairdryers, or a first aid kit.
If you are ready to give your bathroom a decluttering and reorganizing for summer, US Remodeling Group is glad to help out. Our contractors can install new wall surrounds, accessories, and assist with any other bathroom remodeling ideas you may have from a walk-in tub to a bath conversion. Give us a call or fill out our online form today. A representative will help you set up an in-home consultation or a free virtual consultation right away.